I will admit that I’ve not gotten to try all of the food trucks I’d like, but I’ve had a number of them—especially recently—and would like to share some of the best mobile eateries that Cincinnati has to offer.
Food Trucks I’ve had:
- C’est Cheese – Because I love grilled cheese so much and fancy myself an eater like a 6-year-old, I couldn’t wait to try this one. The Cheesy Wonder s delicious, but the Bee Sting is where it’s at.
- Café de Wheels – My favorite food truck to date. The wheels burger is a top 5 Cincinnati burger in my book, and we all know how much I love that beefy delicacy.
- Dojo Gelato – While I’ve had Dojo at Findlay Market, there is something wonderful about this creamy dessert making its rounds to events across the city. (Try the Churro Gelato!)
- Streetpops – This is not a food truck so much as it is a glorified mobile popsicle stand. It is delicious and there are a number of flavor options. Reasonably priced, too.
- SugarSnap! – I tried this sweeterie last weekend at City Flea, and the Mmmmm Oreo cupcake was delicious. Oreo buttercream icing atop a chocolate cupcake is the perfect finale to any meal, and I don’t even generally like icing.
- Tacos Locos – Some of the best, most authentic tacos and tortas you’ll find in town. (Note: this food truck is dormant, and calls Pleasant Ridge home.)
- Taste of Belgium – The “menu” is extremely limited, so in this regard I much prefer the flagship bistro, but if you’re jonesing for a waffle, this mobile eatery is perfect for you.
- Turophilia Quesadillas – My sister-in-law got the Geisha (teriyaki chicken, rice, cheese, onions, and spicy mayo) last weekend at City Flea and I was so lucky to get to try it. I know what I’m getting next time I see this truck around.
Food Trucks I’ve yet to try:
- Catch-A-Fire Pizza
- Cooper’s Crepes
- New Orleans To Go
- Pizza Bomba
- Red Sesame
- Taco Azul
I’ve tried locating a date for 2013’s Cincinnati Street Food Festival, where food trucks are sure to be aplenty, and I haven’t found when it is. 2012’s was in October last year, so I would assume it happen in the same month in the following year. Details to follow as they become available.